Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello Win Column, Win #19: Rangers 'Hammer' Through Mistakes in Walk-Off Win Over M's

Hank the Tank got in on the walk-off act. We beat the M's. We were able to overcome several key mistakes in the process. What a great win.

Game box score

Backbreaker from USS Mariner

"That’s a tough loss. Just like with Vargas last night, Washburn should get a medal for surviving Texas’ offense and ballpark. The offense was able to get a few longballs off of McCarthy, whose up-in-the-zone pitching style makes him the kind of righty we can actually score runs against, but the flaws of the offense got exposed late in the game.

Morrow… what can you say? His command sucks and he’s heavily dependent on the fastball. That doesn’t work against good hitting lefties, and the Rangers have a lot of good hitting lefties."

Washburn: no win, but no loss, either from Section 331

"The only thing that made the top of the 9th remotely inspiring was the fact that I like Darren O’Day; I can’t help it.

Morrow came in to face Texas’ finest, and while he was pitching fast, he was not pitching well . . .

I will be glad when we get out of Texas (which is something I have said pretty much every time I’ve physically been there, even). Even Felix starting tomorrow doesn’t instill confidence in me. Not today."

2 comments:

  1. I believe it was Hank's fifth walk off hit however he hasn't had one since June 2006. Great Game last night. This team just does not quit and I am loving it.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think you're right, I was going off of what I heard either Eric Nadel or Dave Barnett say after the game. Perhaps they actually said "fifth" instead of "first". I'll edit the post.

    ReplyDelete