Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Blog Title, New Format . . .

Whew. It has been a crazy week. I've spent most of my time working on this for a mathematics seminar talk that I gave yesterday, and I haven't had much time to write. Things should return to normal this week.

Notice anything different? Like the new title? If you remember in my first post, this was the blog title that I've always wanted. However, the URL hellowincolumn.blogspot.com is already taken and was only posted to once several years ago. The author of that site has not responded to my requests that he relinquish the URL of his neglected blog, so I'm just going to keep my current URL and change the title.

Additionally, I'm thinking about changing the content of my posts a little bit. I realized that my daily "Around the Horn" bits largely include articles that can be found on other sites. Sites like LoneStarBall.com do a great job of covering breaking Rangers news and include tons of links. So, essentially, I'm not really adding anything new in that regard.

From now on I'm going to try to include more "original" content in my posts. As a consequence, I may neglect to mention the latest TR Sullivan article, or the latest update from the Star Telegram. But everyone who reads this blog probably has already read those by the time they visit my site anyways. I may base my post off of something that I read elsewhere and include a link, but to avoid repetition I'm going to attempt to try something more original. I'm not saying I'm going to be Bill James all of a sudden, but the hope is that you can read analysis and writing here that you can't find elsewhere. We'll see how it goes.

This is a bit of a risky move, in my mind, because these posts have garnered 700+ viewings for this site so far, which is many more viewings than I expected at this point. The modest "success" of this blog has been very encouraging and motivating for me, so hopefully those of you out there who follow this blog will welcome this slight change in direction and continue to stop by. And don't worry, I plan to continue to update the site as close to everyday as is possible.

Go Rangers!

John Paul

1 comment: