Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekend Recap: Leading off

Well, first of all I should probably say hi. Second, I should probably thank John Paul for the lead-in yesterday, and for the opportunity to write here in his absence. As you already know if you read the post below, I'm Jon, and (along with my promising rookie co-writer, Thomas) I'm going to be holding the fort down this week while John Paul goes backpacking through the desolate wastelands of Utah.

First of all, a little background on me (for those that might be wondering): the Rangers have been a building obsession for me since 2004. Once I discovered the impressive, and seemingly ever-growing Ranger Internet community in 2007, I became pretty much consumed. Yes, I did run my own blog for awhile, which John Paul kindly plugged yesterday despite the fact that it's been on hiatus since last August. Someday I'm going to get back to that, but for now, this temporary gig will have to do. As far as my writing goes, I mostly specialize in game reports - largely due to the fact that I'm not half as creative as our overlord here at HWC.

The plan for the coming week: Thomas and I have agreed to a tentative schedule of alternating days, but don't be surprised to see us both posting on any given day this week, so there should be cause to check back frequently. Myself, I'll probably be fulfilling most of my obligation by doing a game report for as many games as are played this week, and since I'm scheduled to post something on Monday as well (which is an off day), hopefully at least one in depth/original article as well. John Paul has also asked us to keep the basic everyday structure around here intact, so the traditional Monday Movie Clip, Tuesday Trivia, Friday Foto and weekend Rangers Recap will all be coming your way as scheduled. Speaking of which, since it is Saturday...

...It's probably time to take a look at what John Paul had for us this past week.

Sunday: Milestone alert: 1,000 pageviews. Woot!
Monday: Commentator Query
Wednesday: The not-so-likely way to win a free Honda
Friday: Guest Writers

And the traditions:

Monday Movie: Your worst fear
Tuesday Trivia
Friday Foto: Speed Zone

So, now that we've got the formalities (and the weekend recap) out of the way, I'll invite you to check back later this evening for my first game report - Matt Harrison will be taking on former Ranger prospect John Danks and the White Sox at 3:05 CT at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, with Derrick Turnbow, Josh Rupe, CJ Wilson and Jason Jennings set to follow him on the mound.

No comments:

Post a Comment